**** FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE****
Press Contact: Education Through Music-LA – firstname.lastname@example.org
Award-winning composers create original compositions for classics at
Silent Films Live – A concert to benefit Education Through Music–Los Angeles
November 3, 2016 at 7 pm.
at the Malibu Screening Room (24855 Pacific Coast Hwy Malibu, CA 90265)
Pre-concert interview and reception with composers at 6pm.
September 20, 2016 (Hollywood, CA) – Highly acclaimed film, television and visual media composers reimagine and create new scores for classic silent films, Silent Films Live on November 3rd in the Malibu Screening Room (24855 Pacific Coast Hwy Malibu, CA 90265. ETM-LA member Angel Velez presents this special night, which kicks off at 6PM with a pre-concert interview and reception featuring a discussion with the composers, moderated by Varese Sarabande’s Robert Townson. The concert beings at 7PM. Proceeds from the event support ETM-LA’s weekly music education programs at local disadvantaged Los Angeles schools. Tickets available at http://www.silentfilmslive.com/.
The event will kick off with an overture composed by ASCAP Award winner Juhi Bansal (“Where Shadow Chases Light”) followed by original compositions for the following silent films:
- “Modern Times” – with music by Four-time Emmy Award winner Jeff Beal (“Blackfish,” “House of Cards”)
- “One Week” – with music by ASCAP Award winner Jeff Cardoni (“Silicon Valley,” “The Grinder”)
- “Battleship Potemkin” – with music by Academy Award nominee John Debney (“The Jungle Book,”“Passion of the Christ”)
- “The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari” – with music by Two-time Emmy Award winner Laura Karpman (“The Living Edens,””Paris Can Wait”)
- “Phantom of the Opera” – with music by Emmy Award nominee Kevin Kiner (“Jane the Virgin,” “CSI: Miami”)
- “The Great Train Robbery” – with music by Grammy and Emmy Award nominee Jeff Russo (“Fargo,” “The Night Of”)
- “Nosferatu” – with music by Two-time BAFTA winner and Grammy nominee Austin Wintory (“Journey,” “Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate”)
ABOUT ETM – L.A. To celebrate the addition of five new schools to their expanding roster and new partnerships, ETM-LA will be hosting special fundraising events and campus visits throughout the back to school season. This is an extension of the organization’s mission to enhance student development by promoting and providing music education into the core curriculum of disadvantaged Los Angeles elementary schools. ETM-LA accomplishes their goals by forming long term collaborations with principals and their respective districts. In this 11th year of programming, ETM-LA will serve over 12,000 students in 25 low-income area schools.
ABOUT HELIX COLLECTIVE Los Angeles-based Helix Collective performs a high-energy, out-of-the-box mix of world, classical and rock n’ roll music. The versatile ensemble utilizes an array of instruments: flute/piccolo/alto flute, oboe/English horn, cello, piano and percussion instruments. The collective has released two critically acclaimed albums entitled All In (2009) and World Dance Club (2013). This season Helix Collective is hosted by the Pacific Symphony, the West Michigan Symphony, the Tahoe Chamber Music Festival, the Unexpected Film and Arts Festival and serves as ensemble-in-residence of Classical Revolution: L.A. Recent engagements include the Hollywood Fringe Festival, Live at Laguna Beach, the White Lake Chamber Music Festival, 21-Sounds Contemporary Music Series and Classical Revolution chapters around the country.
For more information about ETM-LA contact:
email@example.com | 818-433-7600
For more information about Helix Collective contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Composers are available for interviews as well.