Music education closes the achievement gap by providing students from the most vulnerable communities with skills and knowledge that will help them succeed in school and in life.
Far too many schools lack the resources for music programs. Help us change that.
If ETM-LA’s mission resonates with you, there are a variety of ways you can take action to support our work.
Spread The Word
Spread the word about the need for music education and about ETM-LA’s approach.
- All students deserve access to a high-quality music education that will make them better thinkers, well-rounded students, and life-long learners.
- 2007 to the present, over 61% of schools in California do not even have one full-time equivalent arts specialist.
- ETM-LA makes music education a reality for children who would otherwise have limited or no access to the arts.
Visit our links page to access a variety of advocacy websites and learn more about the cause.
- Help local under-resourced schools avoid drastic cuts to vital music and arts programs by telling Congress to support state education budgets through the National Association for Music Education’s fillable form.
- Promote Create CA’s statewide initiative to honor students’ rights for high-quality public arts education through the Declaration of the Rights of All Students to Equity in Arts Learning.
- Connect, advocate, and promote our mission via Instagram, Facebook,Youtube, and Twitter.
- Are you a musician or performer?
Consider turning your next concert into a fundraiser and use your unique platform as an artist to get the word out about ETM-LA.
- Are you a student? Involve your club or association in raising awareness for music education.
- Let us know about how we can partner with you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Need More Information?
If you would like materials to help you promote ETM-LA’s mission and work within your community, please contact email@example.com or 818-433-7600 with your address, and we will be happy to forward advocacy materials to you.