The Music Teacher positions include both part- and full-time opportunities during the regular school year.
Job responsibilities include:
- Acting as in-school music faculty.
- Providing standards-based, comprehensive/sequential music instruction to the students.
- Collaborating with academic teachers to integrate arts with the Common Core State Standards and throughout the school’s curriculum and culture.
- Facilitate after-school music programs (where applicable).
- Successful candidates will receive paid training in pedagogy, lesson planning and classroom management.
- Music teachers will also work with ETM-LA’s administrative staff to assess the program and are required to attend mandatory paid training sessions in mid-August and throughout the year.
- Bachelor’s degree (for internship, rising seniors at the undergraduate level acceptable).
- Prior music classroom teaching in general music and/or choir with evidence of success.
- Experience teaching groups of 15 or more elementary- and middle-school aged students.
- Musical skill/ability in voice, musical theater, and/or instrumental (Brass, Woodwind, Percussion, Orchestral Strings).
- Excellent music reading skills.
- Excellent stage presence, oral and written communication skills.
- Enjoys working with children and being part of a collaborative team with other music teachers and school faculty.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Commitment to the mission of the organization.
- Must have a car.
- Bi-lingual a plus (especially Spanish and Chinese)
- Experience and/or training in Orff, Kodaly and/or Dalcroze strongly encouraged.
- CA single subject teaching credential in music or out of state equivalent preferred (but not required).
- Masters Degree in music education a plus.
Interested candidates should submit a one-page cover letter (400 words maximum) and a one-page current resume, along with the following:
1. (2) sample lessons plans (one elementary beginning instrument group class lesson focusing on one instrument of choice, one elementary beginning instrumental/band rehearsal plan)
2. Philosophy of Music Education statement.
3. Names and Contact Info of three professional references
4. Employment Application Form
Submit Application to: Program Director Ryan Rowles: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 818-433-7601
Please include in the Subject Line: ETM-LA Music Teacher Position