Nominate a Music Teacher of the Semester!
Music Teacher of the Semester – Award Guidelines
Education Through Music-Los Angeles recognizes the accomplishments of its administrative employees. Four individuals will receive the award each year. The honor will be awarded the beginning of January and August for an outstanding Education Through Music-Los Angeles Music Teacher from the six preceding months.
Education Through Music-Los Angeles is proud to present a Music Teacher of the Semester at the beginning of these months: January and August.
Nominations of ETM-LA staff will be accepted from all ETM-LA employees (part- or full-time). Nominations are due by the tenth day of the month preceding the award months (i.e. December or July) or the next working day if the tenth falls on a weekend or ETM-LA holiday. Nominations will remain active for consideration for two consecutive quarters.
To be eligible for consideration, a Music Teacher must meet the following criteria:
– To promote our culture which embraces excellence, teamwork, service, and discovery, the nominee must have furthered the mission of Education Through Music-LA by demonstrating effectiveness in these areas: Growth Encourager, Community Builder, Model Teacher and Professional.
– The nominee must have at least 3 months of continuous service with ETM-LA as of the date of nomination.
– The nominee must have received an overall rating of Meets Expectations on his/her last performance evaluation (To be verified by Human Resources).
– The nominee may not have received the award within the past 12 months.
– We invite you to nominate a music teacher employee (excludes any program supervisors).
The MTOS award winner will receive the following:
- One day of paid leave, and
- Check in the amount of $100.
Education Through Music-Los Angeles will host a three-member committee including the Executive Director, with the other two seats open to any ETM-LA employee. Terms will be for six months. To avoid conflicts of interest, the MTOS committee members may not submit nominations for MTOS and are prohibited from receiving the award.
The MTOS committee will select the award recipient based on the criteria of the nomination form which is as follows:
- Growth Encourager: Teacher encourages and supports the growth of others by serving as a role model, sharing ideas and resources, and by building interpersonal relationships.
- Community Builder: Teacher helps to promote the mission of ETM-LA among their peers, in their schools, and the broader community.
- Model Teacher and Professional: Teacher continually seeks opportunities to broaden their teaching knowledge, embraces best practices, and consistently demonstrates utmost professionalism in their behavior and demeanor.