Americorps Vista Volunteer Coordinator
L.A. Works Americorps Vista Volunteer Program
Volunteer Coordinator (One Year, 2018 – 2019)
L.A. Works, in partnership with Americorps Vista, will be placing thirteen passionate, dedicated, and highly motivated individuals in nonprofit organizations throughout Los Angeles. These selected individuals will help transform volunteer programs through effective recruitment, placement, and engagement practices. The Americorps Volunteer Coordinators will gather monthly for ongoing trainings, meetings, and service projects. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, be a self-starter who can multi-task, and have experience working in nonprofits or with volunteers.
The Americorps Volunteer Coordinator will work at Education Through Music-LA’s office, full-time for a one-year period to recruit and manage volunteers for various organizational and program needs.
The Volunteer Coordinator will work with ETM-LA’s Administrative, Program, Communications, and Development departments to:
- Assess and provide recommendations for the volunteer program.
- Identify and implement new, creative volunteer roles at ETM-LA.
- Conduct strategic recruitment efforts to increase the number of volunteers.
- Improve retention rates with effective volunteer matches.
- Assist with monthly and annual grant reporting.
- Attend monthly meetings and trainings at L.A. Works.
- Serve as a Project Leader at L.A. Works special days of service.
- Education award upon successful completion of service
- Childcare assistance, if eligible
- Living Allowance
- Health Coverage
*For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare
- Relocation Allowance
- Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend
- Car required
- Permits working at another job during off hours
- Permits attendance at school during off hours
- Community and Economic Development
- Community Outreach
- Community Organization
Accepting Applications: 01/17/2018 – 06/18/2018
Program Start/End Date: 08/10/2018 – 08/09/2019
|570 W. Avenue 26|
|Los Angeles, CA 90065|