Education Through Music-Los Angeles provides comprehensive, in-school music education for thousands of Los Angeles County children who would otherwise have limited or no exposure to the arts; uses music instruction to strengthen students’ ability to learn in all areas; and works to build schools’ capacities to sustain music programs. Founded in 2006, Education Through Music-Los Angeles is based on the ETM model which has successfully served New York City schools since 1991.
The Administrative Assistant will work with all core staff members of ETM-LA, performing duties in a variety of areas: administrative, program, operations & finance, human resources, communications, and development. The Administrative Assistant will help support and maintain ongoing office duties to help the entire organization run smoothly and further its mission to develop top-notch educational strategies and school-wide music programs to ensure every child, regardless of socio-economic status, receives quality music education in order to reach their fullest potential. Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Administrative Duties – Finance & Human Resources-Related (30%)
- Work with the Finance Department and the Human Resources Generalist to assist in the management of day-to-day functions, including administrative, financial, human resources, and development tasks.
- Assist with the management of day-to-day operations: i.e. calendar, mailings, non-program supply orders, answering phones, running errands, database entry, and other ongoing projects.
- Document administrative procedures and policies.
- Support group projects in other departments; take notes and provide reports for meetings.
- Oversee and regularly update the HR Binder to facilitate the payroll process.
- Assist with internal and external inquiries and requests related to the Finance/Operations, and Human Resources Departments.
- Create forms needed for Finance/Operations, and Human Resources Departments.
- Assist with supporting HR-related programs, workshops, trainings, and seminars.
- Serve as a point person with all In-Kind donations and services.
- Assist with the staff recruitment efforts, including the screening process.
- Manage and maintain the volunteer process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Administrative Duties – Executive Director’s Assistant (30%)
- Assist the Executive Director in managing general duties.
- Manage and schedule the Executive Director’s calendar.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Administrative Duties – Event-Related (20%)
- Provide support for fundraising and board events, including processing donations, handling raffles, organizing silent auctions, sending correspondence, packaging and mailing silent auction items, getting and organizing refreshments, and assisting with check-in.
- Assist in the coordination of volunteers at community and fundraising events.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with the staff, music teachers, schools, outside vendors, parents, and all departments.
Administrative Duties – Communications-Related (10%)
- Work with Executive Director, Development Manager, and Communications Assistant to assist in the management of website updates, communications and marketing, administrative and operational tasks, and event planning.
- Assist in thank you correspondence for donors, social media, and communications analytics.
- Provide support for fundraising and board events, including processing donations, handling raffles, organizing silent auctions, sending correspondence, and packaging and mailing silent auction items.
Administrative Duties – Volunteer Management (10%)
- Assist with the engagement, onboarding, scheduling, and management of volunteers.
- Collaborate with each Department on volunteer assignments. This job responsibilities list is not intended to include an exhaustive list of activities or tasks. There may be additional responsibilities requested or assigned according to the needs of the organization.
This job responsibilities list is not intended to include an exhaustive list of activities or tasks. There may be additional responsibilities requested or assigned according to the needs of the organization.
Location of Office: Burbank, CA
Salary Range: $17-$22 / hr.; Dependent on Experience.
To apply, submit a full application to: Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org **Please include in the Subject Line: ETM-LA Administrative Assistant Position
Incomplete applications will not be considered. No calls, please.
1. One page cover letter
2. One page resume
3. Names and Contact Info of three (3) professional references
Other Information: This is a full-time, non-exempt hourly position. Benefits include health, dental, vision, 14 paid holidays, vacation days, 1-week winter break, 1-week summer break, and 403(b) retirement opportunities.
ETM-LA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.