The Program Assistant works closely with the Director of Programs as well as the Director of Community Affairs and Partnerships to ensure effective program operations on a daily basis. Responsibilities include maintaining effective program administrative functions, documenting program activities and operations, managing relationships with partner school leadership teams as needed, supporting teacher professional development initiatives, managing independent projects, and collaborating with senior program staff.
Job Responsibilities include:
Program Assistance & Partner School Liaison (50%)
- Assist Director of Programs with managing and fostering positive and effective partner school relationships.
- Maintain updated inventory of all instruments and classroom supplies. Coordinate with Operations and Instructional Supervisors to manage and track inventory.
- Oversee the collection and organizing of permission slips and image releases for all ETM-LA events.
- Coordinate Program events including scheduling busses, communicating logistics, overseeing check in/check out procedures for parents and students, and creating student seating charts for performances.
- Oversee and coordinate acquisition and delivery.
of program related materials, supplies, and instruments to teachers and/or partner schools.
- Assist Director of Community Affairs and Partnerships with scheduling in-school visits by ensembles and performing artists.
- Assist Director of Community Affairs and Partnerships with managing ticket requests and disbursement for partner events.
Data Collection Support (20%)
- Oversee and develop surveys of various stakeholders including parents, students, general education teachers, principals, and alumni.
- Maintain Program Database and Key Information.
- Liaise with development and executive departments to assist with providing needed information and support (i.e., data collection, standardized test distribution, assistance with assessment test logistics & parent permission forms).
- Provide updates to the Director of Programs regarding communications and materials provided to the Development Department.
Personnel Coordination (15%)
- Assist with the creation of music teacher job postings.
- Assist & coordinate information sessions for prospective music teachers.
- Coordinate with Human Resources/Director of Programs concerning music teacher recruitment activities (i.e. job postings, local job fairs, etc.).
- Coordinate & assist with Human Resources regarding Program personnel.
Professional Development Assistance (15%)
- Assist with the coordination and logistics of ETM-LA Music teacher training.
- Manage music teacher resource library, including the recommendations for any enhancements.
- Assist with the organization of music teacher professional development resources, tools, and materials.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of K-12 school-based experience or project coordination, office or equivalent experience in Nonprofit/Arts Administration.
- Proven success in project coordination/ management experience
- Exceptional communication, writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Self-starter who is energized working in a dynamic environment
- Able to work as a team player in a collaborative work environment.
- Computer literate including MS Office Suite, MS Excel, mail merge, Google Suite, and other software/applications (i.e. Adobe, GoToMeeting, Prezi, etc.)
- Exceptional organization and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of and experience in working in low-income, under-resourced communities
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Music, Education, Administration, Communications, and/or English; Prior experience in Nonprofit Arts, Lesson Development, Curriculum Design, Knowledge of music repertoire and teacher resources, Survey Collection, Database Experience
To apply, submit a full application to: Director of Programs Deidre Racoma: firstname.lastname@example.org **Please include in the Subject Line: ETM-LA Program Assistant Position
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. One page cover letter
2. One page resume
3. Names and Contact Info of three professional references
Other Information: This is a full-time, non-exempt salaried position. Salary range is $14.50-$18/hr dependent on experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, 14 paid holidays, and 403(b) retirement opportunities.