Administrative Assistant/Graphic Designer Position
Education Through Music-Los Angeles provides comprehensive, in-school music education for thousands of Los Angeles County children who would otherwise have limited or no exposure to the arts; uses music instruction to strengthen students’ ability to learn in all areas; and works to build schools’ capacities to sustain music programs. Founded in 2006, Education Through Music-Los Angeles is based on the ETM model which has successfully served New York City schools since 1991.
The Administrative Assistant/Graphic Designer will work with all core staff members of ETM-LA, performing duties in a variety of areas: administrative, program, operations, communications, and development. The Administrative Assistant will help support and maintain ongoing office duties to help the entire organization run smoothly and further its mission to develop top-notch educational strategies and school-wide music programs to ensure every child, regardless of socio-economic status, receives quality music education in order to reach their fullest potential.
Administrative Duties – Operations-Related (35%)
- Work with Executive Director and Finance manager to assist in the management of day-to-day functions, including administrative, financial, and development tasks.
- Assist with the management of day-to-day operations: i.e. calendar, mailings, non-program supply orders, answering phones, running errands, database entry, vendor communication
- Document administrative procedures and policies.
- Support group projects in other departments; take notes and provide reports for meetings.
- Serve as a point person with all In-Kind donations and services.
- Assist with the staff recruitment efforts, including the screening process, and technical on-boarding.
Administrative Duties – Executive Director’s Assistant (30%)
- Assist the Executive Director in managing general duties.
- Manage and schedule the Executive Director’s calendar.
- Other duties as assigned.
Administrative Duties – Event-Related (20%)
- Provide support for fundraising and board events, including processing donations, handling raffles, organizing silent auctions, sending correspondence, packaging and mailing silent auction items, getting and organizing refreshments, and assisting with check-in.
- Assist in the coordination of volunteers at community and fundraising events.
- Maintain excellent working relationship with the staff, music teachers, schools, outside vendors, parents, and all departments.
Administrative Duties – Communications/Graphic Design (15%)
- Work with Executive Director, Senior Development Manager, and Communications Associate to assist in the management of website updates, communications and marketing, administrative and operational tasks, and event planning.
- Assist in thank you correspondence for donors, social media, and communications analytics.
- Create graphics and materials for email campaigns, events and social media
- Facilitate the production of printing materials from conception to final production
- Provide support for fundraising and board events, including processing donations, handling raffles, organizing silent auctions, sending correspondence, and packaging and mailing silent auction items.
This job responsibilities list is not intended to include an exhaustive list of activities or tasks. There may be additional responsibilities requested or assigned according to the needs of the organization.
Submit Application to: Search Committee, Education Through Music-Los Angeles by email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please include in the Subject Line: ETM-LA Administrative Assistant Position). No calls, please.